Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Handy tips to remember when you shop at "Whole Foods Market"


People are generally worried to shop at Whole foods, the common notion is “Organic eating” will ruin your family’s monthly budget or you cannot afford it.
Well to everyone’s surprise, Yes! Buying organic grocery items can be expensive to your pockets in first couple weeks when you make trips to the Whole Foods Market or any other farmer's organic market. But from my past 3 years of experience of buying groceries at Whole Foods, I can assure to all the moms that it does get better and you can afford to eat “Organic” if you follow certain tips.
I am writing this blog from my personal experience during my regular visit at Whole Foods!
Few top reasons to shop at Whole foods:
1)     Whole foods sell the highest quality standard food products
2)     They also disclose the full list of ingredients prohibited in their food
3)     Gluten free selections available in abundance
4)     Support local farms
5)     Wholefood care about environment

Tip: Please review their website for more information or follow them on twitter to ask any questions you might have!

How to shop at Whole foods

Well everybody will suggest using coupons, but I would say not all the manufacture promote coupons or participate in giving out coupons in the market.

Well here are some pointers from my personal experience:

1)     Always look for in-store promotions on items or try to shop 365 whole foods brands in replacement to your regular manufacturers because 365 whole food brands is equally certified Organic and have same high quality standard ingredients. Moreover, I always decide my dinner and lunch menu for the week according to in-store promotions. I don’t use any specific list for my grocery (until expecting any guests)- I usually take 1 full hour trip to store and make list of items I can prepare from the sale items which could be dairy products, fruits and vegetables and so on….
2)     Secondly Whole Foods have their own coupon book which are available in abundant in the store if not then ask a rep or using online website to print one.
3)     Always keep an close on their weekly flyer- I was able to get organic apples for $1.99 instead of $2.99 or 365 brand yogurts plain or with fruits for 5 for $5.00 which are a good size like 5.3 oz packs.
4)     One secret tip: I came across a lady at farmer’s market who happens to work for 20 years and she was kind enough to share secret with me. Whole foods let each employee to spend $20.00 towards the customer. So If you are not sure about the product, you can request the rep to let your try as a compliment and I am sure they will be happy to do it ( Please don’t take unfair advantage)
5)     They also have tons of samples especially in dairy section like cheese- I never blindly buy any cheese- I always try the sampling of cheese or ask the person on the counter if I could try a little before I buy
6)     You can also look on brands website like for example: “Beyond Meat” happens to be my favorite brand- I will always go on their Facebook page to see if they are any printable coupons available, you can also combine the manufacture coupons with whole foods in store promotions.
7)     Bulk section is a bliss: Always buy nuts, spices, granola, oats, special varieties of rice from the bulk section they happen to be more reasonable and you can also get discount like 10% if you buy certain weight ( verify with front desk first)

If any of the above tips does not excite you to shop at Whole foods then I would suggest to make some random trips to the store- 1) Do not buy anything- 2) Take a note pad and jot down the prices of the product which may interest you to buy and 3) compare the prices with other stores. Eventually after couple of trips you may get comfortable and incorporate healthy and organic products into your life style.
High-tech tomatoes. Mysterious milk. Supersquash. Are we supposed to eat this stuff? Or is it going to eat us?” ~Annita Manning
Please feel free to ask any questions you might! Happy Shopping # Healthy life
I would appreciate if you have any more suggestions or tips you might have. 
*********** I am not paid by any organization or wholefoods to write about this blog** These suggestions are from my personal experiences*****



No comments:

Post a Comment