Saturday, January 16, 2016

Keitai culture ? Nomophobia, eh? do you have it or not ?




In September of 2015, BBC published a fantastic article on the growing popularity of Smartphones in Asia. Nearly 2.5 billion smartphones have effectively integrated into the cultures of Asian lives. Addicted Asian users have also reported a series of mishap news such as the tourist who had to be rescued after she walked off a pier while checking Facebook on her phone. Or the woman from China was rescued by fire fighters after falling into a drain while looking at her phone.

While I was reading the article and other related case studies, I knew that I was no different from this users, several years ago, Facebook was center of my life, every little detail had to be documented , every pictures, places had to be checked in and my entire life was on a public platform.

I know this for a fact that I am not the only one, people around me are similarly attached or you can say obsessed to Facebook, taking selfies, texting on dinner table, multi-tasking in theaters and in today’s date; nearly 64% of Americans have a Smartphone vs. 35% in 2011. Instead of investing time on creative project, we are exhausting our mind and resources to what Kim Kardashian is up to, our hours are occupied to read twitter feeds about Kate Middleton, is she going to deliver a baby BOY or a GIRL..how many of us are really concerned about a friend or a family member in the same way we are curious about Kim Kardashian or concerned about Kate Middleton's baby.

Read rest of the article here:

http://www.smartliving24x7.com/healthy-survival/2016/1/14/nomophobia-eh-do-you-have-it-or-not-

Join the mailing list: www.smartliving24x7.com

Email me at smartliving24x7@gmail.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment